The area of the Pench Tiger Reserve and the surrounding area is the real story area of Rudyard Kipling's famous "The Jungle Book". The idea of Mongali is made from the pamphlet "An Account of Wolves's Nurturing Children in their Dens" by Sir William Henry Sliman. In 1831 there was a report of the arrest of a child who had grown up with wolves in village Satbavadi near Seoni. The place described in "The Jungle Book", the Vainganga River, its valley where Sher Khan was killed, the mountain ranges of village Kannivara and Sivani etc. are the actual places in the Seoni district. The forest areas of the Pench Tiger Reserve have a glorious history. Its natural beauty and richness is described in the Ain-i-Akbari and many other natural history books such as R.A. Strenthal's "Sivni, Camp life in the Satpura", James Forsyth "High Lands of Central India" and A. A Dunbar Brander "Wild Animals of Central India" etc. Pench Tiger Reserve was awarded to "Best Maintain Tourist Friendly National Park" Award under the National Tourism Prize 2006-07.
Best time to visit: Between 15 Oct - 15 Jun
Package Rate & Inclusions:
- For Indians: INR 3,700/- per jeep per time
- For Foreigners: INR 7,000/- per jeep per time
- Permit issued by Forest department to enter in to the zone
- Payment processing charges & GST
Note: Amount for Driver and Guide is to be paid by traveller at the time of boarding. Camera fees are not included in the package. (There is no charge for Mobile Phones.)
Details of core area gates & No. of jeeps:
Safari timings in Core zone:
|Timing||01 Oct - 31 Dec||01 Jan - 31 Mar||01 Apr - 30 Jun|
|Morning||6:00 to 11:30 am||6:30 to 11:30 am||5:30 to 11:30 am|
|Evening||3:00 to 6:00 pm||3:00 to 5:30 pm||4:00 to 7:00 pm|
- 50% Refund, if cancelled between 60 - 90 days prior to safari boarding date
- 25% Refund, if cancelled between 40 - 59 days prior to safari boarding date
- No Refund, if cancelled between 0 - 39 days prior to safari boarding date
- Days are calculated excluding the Safari Boarding day & Cancellation request day.
- Cancellation request received after 6 PM will be considered on next working day.
*Cancellation policy mentioned above is subject to change.